Bouldering is artificial rock climbing where artificial walls with rocks or boulders are fixed. The climber will try to climb it without the help of rope or harness. Don’t worry, it isn’t risky because the walls aren’t that high and even if you slip there is soft and safe mattresses or bouldering mats placed on the floor which protects you from injury. This sport is generally used to train people for mountaineering, but now it is also considered as a part of fitness program.
Bloc Shop is a bouldering gym which is built by a team of renowned climbers in Montreal, Canada. Bloc Shop Montréal gym is open not only for elite climbers, but also for fitness freaks, and beginners. It is the biggest gym in Canada with 38,000 sq. ft. of area. You don’t need to buy anything to enjoy in this gym, everything is provided on rent. Not all have similar talent and fitness, therefore the trainers focus on each person separately and provide adequate training.
Still, as a beginner, it is wise to follow these few things to make climbing an easier task –
- You need to understand in the first go, it isn’t necessary that you will reach at the top, most people fall off while climbing, still it doesn’t make them a loser. Enjoy the activity with partners who are also there on the same wall, while laughing and talking you may not realize, but you may have reached the top.
- Start with the easiest route because you aren’t here to prove anyone. If you have joined a bouldering gym, which means you are here to learn, therefore start with the simplest form even if your instructor tells you to move a level up.
- Instead of relying on a belayer, you should choose a gym that also provides auto-belay. This way, even if there is someone who is watching you from below, you still have auto-belay beside you that gives you the feeling of climbing on your own.
- There will be many regular people who will give tons of advice, just listen to your trainer and follow their instructions. If you start listening to every advice, you may get confused and at the end, you may feel nervous.
- Set a schedule for your training without making it boring and monotonous. This way, you will always feel excited when the day for bouldering will arrive.
It is always wise to take training from a professional before starting on your own or with the assistance of a belay. You may feel confident after two or three sessions, but let your trainer decide if you’ve passed with flying colors. Don’t just get into any institute, but check their reviews online.