If you are less than delighted with your physical appearance, especially the shape or size of your nose, you are fortunate enough to live in an age when you can do something about it with specialist plastic surgery. Rhinoplasty has been carried out since the 1960s, although the treatment has undergone some major changes in 50 years, and if you would like to know more, here are a few things you need to know before having the treatment.
- Both Sexes Can Benefit – More and more men are enjoying the benefits of reshaping their nose, while women have been having this treatment for many years.
- Natural or Silicone – Silicone can be used to subtly change the contours of the nose, yet the same results can be achieved using some fat tissue that is grafter from the thighs or midriff. Some people are not happy at the thought of having a foreign substance in their body, plus the natural method eliminates the risk of rejection.
- Open or Closed Rhinoplasty – The open form consists of making small incisions along the soft strip of flesh between the nostrils, and if you would like to know the open nose surgery cost (known as เสริมจมูกแบบโอเพ่นราคา in Thai), an online search will put you in touch with a reputable clinic. The surgeon would decide which method is most suitable for you, plus he would also make you aware of the risks (there are risks with all forms of surgery) and he would offer a realistic picture of what you can expect.
- Bangkok Clinics – Bangkok has long been a major global hub for those who wish to undergo plastic surgery, and with a localised Google search, you have a long list of registered clinics. Spend some time browsing and look for websites with patient testimonials, as these give you peace of mind, knowing that many patients are very happy with the outcome.
- Increasing the Nasal Profile – Many Asian women wish to have a more pronounced bridge on their nose, and special silicone sticks can achieve this, leaving your nose looking perfectly natural, but with a western style bridge that is more prominent that the typical Asian look.
Once you meet the surgeon, many of your questions will be answered and by listening to the expert opinion of the skilled specialist, you can make the right decisions about any treatment.