The Neurology Center Michigan, namely Beaumont Neuroscience Center, is ranked the #1 hospital for neurology and neuroscience. “The Neuroscience Center will give people with neurological conditions the distinct advantage of having a single point of access for diagnosis and treatment,” says Fernando Diaz, M.D.,Ph.D, section head of Neurosurgery, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, system physician leader, Beaumont Neuroscience Center of Excellenceand professor and chair, Department of Neurosurgery, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. It is a state of the art facility and not only treats all neurological problems, but is a teaching hospital for physicians and caregivers in the field.
$22 Million Neuroscience Center
The Beaumont Health System opened a $22 million neuroscience center being the first new building on the campus in over a decade. They can address the neurological needs of adults and children in one center. This facility is three stories high and has 80,000 square feet of treatment space. Eleven different hospital based clinics are under one roof to deal with various neurological conditions. In addition, it houses various private physician’s offices.
Unique Features of the Center
- Physicians and others can collaborate patient care treatment and plans through the state-of-the-art, video-wired conference rooms
- Advanced EEG equipment can trace the electrical activity of the brain and aid in diagnostics
- The craniofacial rooms have dental chairs that make the patient more comfortable which in turn allows the oral cavity to be more easily accessed
- Children and adults can have their hearing assessed in the high-tech audiology booth on site
- Private consultation rooms provide a better environment for families dealing with the neurological problems of their loved ones
Programs and Clinics in the Center
The Neurology Center Michiganhas provision for various conditions including:
- Pediatric and adult epilepsy
- Ian Jackson Craniofacial Clinic
- Brain and spine tumors
- Peripheral nerve
- Chiari malformation
Royal Oak Recognitions
- The Clinical Sciences Institute of OptumHealth recently named Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak as a Center for Excellence dealing with adult kidney transplants.
- Radiation is used for either diagnostic or therapeutic purposes and provides safe and efficient benefits to patients. Over the years, Beaumont has taken huge stides in establishing the most precise and safest diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak was one of six Michigan hospitals participating in the largest stroke prevention trials in North America. The NIH study compared the results of treating blockages in the carotid arteries with surgery versus stents.
Whether dealing with acute brain injuries or chronic health conditions, the neurology center Michigan is considered the best facility in Southeast Michigan. The specialist list includes: otolaryngologists, neurologists, neuro-oncologists, neuro-radiologists, neurosurgeons, opthamologists and craniofacial and skull base surgeons. Royal Oak is also the prime location to deal with adult and pediatric concussions; seeing all patients for assessment within 72 hours of the accident happening.